Health and Wellbeing Coaches-
12 sessions with patients living with long-term lifestyle health conditions
Do you patients who have a long-term condition such as diabetes, high blood pressure or obesity and are willing to adopt behaviour change?
Do you have patients who would like support to balance their sleep, physical activity, diet and stress levels?
Referral criteria- We welcome referrals for those patients with long-term lifestyle related health conditions (such as type 2 diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure) that, with support are willing and eager to make sustainable healthy behaviour change to improve their own wellbeing.
Health and wellbeing coaches:
- Work with patients over 12 sessions.
- Have time to listen to patients with average appointment times of 45 minutes.
- Set goals and targets with patients to make sustainable changes to their health and wellbeing.
- Encourage patients to self-manage their own long-term health conditions
- Empower patients by increasing their knowledge, skills and confidence.
- Utilise motivational interviewing and health coaching techniques.
- Work 1 to 1 with patients whilst also offering some group workshops.
- Offer telephone or face to face appointments.
How to refer
1. Encourage patients to self-refer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. One of the health coaches will then contact the patient for an initial assessment and an informal chat. Please provide a patient postcard or digital copy on AccuRx.
2. Refer as a clinician - Find our referral form on SystmOne: Community A-M tab, HW Referral (WHA only) & email form or enquiries to
Live Well Link Worker –
Non-medical, signposting service
Live Well Wakefield ensure that people are engaged with the services and agencies that can support them and their circumstances, empowering people to take control of their lives and their care.
Live Well Link Workers can support people 18+ with social issues such as:
Accessing essentials when isolating
Aids & Adaptations
NOTE WE ARE NOT A MENTAL HEALTH OR CRISIS SUPPORT SERVICE.
How to refer
Please refer via SystmOne or Live Well website. Please do not refer via letter/post.
On the referral form, add what led to the referral and presenting issues.
Avoid “see tabbed journal” when referring on SystmOne.